The following are comments from men who have attended our Summits.
What did you get out of the day?
- Networking with other powerful men not focused on what we do, but who we are
- Affirming that I am not alone as a Black Man who wants progress in my family and community
- Being able to be unapologetically me and being able to share without censure or filter
- That I am not the only man thinking about changing his community, household and life
- The opportunity to open up in a safe space; it really is a restart on the psyche
- Seeing that we have power as Black Men
- The session was great! Just continue what you are doing
What would you like to see us cover at future Summits?
- How to become better role models to reach and mentor young Black Men
- Legacy and passing on to the next generation
- Having each person share their area of expertise – and how the group can support them
- Investing in the Black community economically
- How do we continue to move forward? How do we get Black people to continue to fight for themselves like they did in the 60’s and 70’s?
- Ways of supporting our Black Women
- Economic empowerment
- We must spread the message to the masses…there are plenty of Brothers in need of this outlet
- This was very empowering
- We need more frequent opportunities to engage
- I have attended a lot of Black Male focused events, but this was really special
- I am willing to do whatever it takes to make this (whatever it becomes) work!