Welcome to BlackBoard Chicago
To be better men for ourselves, our families and our community. In doing so, we set standards for leadership, connection, and purpose.
We envision a world in which Black Men are:
- Working collaboratively as leaders for positive change.
- Having open discourse, maintaining open minds, and respecting perspectives that we may not agree with.
- Contributing their skills and talents to create and synthesize opportunities that strengthen and synthesize the Black community.
- Illustrating the power to innovate, educate and heal.
- Taking a stand to change the world through authenticity, love and positive intent.
We have a two-pronged take on the meaning of BlackBoard:
- We are Black Men who serve as an informal board of directors for other Black Men. We have similar interests and goals. We are committed to a thriving Black community – our true stakeholders to whom we are accountable. We come together to assess progress and plan for the future. We invest and expect dividends for our efforts.
- We represent the tenets of a traditional classroom blackboard. We are strong like the slate they are created from. We mirror a blackboard’s created purpose to be a visible surface for displaying ideas, promoting education, and facilitating dialogue. We believe that great innovations have often occurred through exchanges captured on a blackboard.
No front page content has been created yet.